Paint Protection Film, is it worth applying to a brand new car?
There are several reasons why you might consider applying Paint Protection Film (PPF) to a brand new car:
- Protection against rock chips and scratches: PPF is a clear film that acts as a barrier between your car's paint and potential damage from road debris, such as rocks, stones, and gravel. It helps prevent unsightly chips and scratches that can occur during normal driving.
- Preserving the paint's appearance: PPF can help maintain the pristine look of your car's paint job. It is designed to be self-healing, meaning that minor scratches and swirl marks on the film can disappear with the application of heat, keeping the paint beneath in excellent condition.
- Resale value: Investing in PPF can contribute to preserving your vehicle's resale value. By protecting the paint from damage, you help maintain the car's overall condition, which is an important factor for potential buyers when assessing its value.
- Ease of maintenance: PPF is easy to clean and maintain. Unlike unprotected paint, which may require frequent waxing or polishing, PPF can be cleaned with regular car washes and simple maintenance techniques. This can save you time and effort in maintaining the appearance of your vehicle.
- Long-term cost savings: While the initial cost of applying PPF may seem high, it can potentially save you money in the long run. Repainting a damaged panel can be expensive, and PPF can help reduce the frequency of such repairs, making it a cost-effective investment over time.
It's important to note that PPF is not a fool proof solution, and it may not completely prevent all types of damage. However, it does offer a layer of protection that can significantly minimize the risk of certain types of paint damage and keep your vehicle looking its best.
Paint Protection Film (PPF) offers several benefits for your vehicle:
- Protection against damage: PPF acts as a protective shield for your car's paint, guarding it against various types of damage. It provides a barrier against rock chips, scratches, swirl marks, bird droppings, insect stains, and other environmental hazards.
- Preserves the paint's original condition: PPF helps maintain the original appearance of your vehicle's paint job. It prevents fading, discoloration, and oxidation caused by prolonged exposure to sunlight and UV rays. The film itself is resistant to yellowing, ensuring that your car's paint remains vibrant over time.
- Self-healing properties: One of the notable features of PPF is its self-healing capabilities. Minor scratches and swirl marks on the film can disappear with the application of heat, such as from the sun or warm water. This ensures that the film stays looking clean and clear, maintaining the overall aesthetics of your vehicle.
- Easy maintenance: PPF is relatively low-maintenance. It can be cleaned using regular car wash techniques without the need for specialized products. The film's smooth surface also resists dirt and grime buildup, making it easier to keep your car looking clean.
- Resale value protection: Applying PPF to your vehicle can help maintain its resale value. The film acts as a protective layer, preserving the paint in excellent condition. When it comes time to sell or trade in your car, having PPF installed can make a positive impression on potential buyers and may increase its value.
- Long-term cost savings: While there is an initial cost associated with installing PPF, it can save you money in the long run. Repainting damaged panels can be costly, but PPF reduces the risk of such damage, minimizing the need for repainting or touch-ups.
- Removability without damage: PPF is designed to be removable without causing damage to the underlying paint. If you decide to remove the film at any point, it can be done without leaving residue or affecting the original paint finish.
At Just Car Care we are certified installers of Gyeon Paint Protection Film (PPF) and have served customers in the North East of England for over 6 years. If you have a new car or used car that you're looking to have PPF applied to, get in touch or visit our PPF Packages page for more information.